Trinity Baptist Church’s Social Action Committee hosted a Community Action Forum on Saturday, October 22, 2016 which focused on understanding the November Propositions and Measures, what they mean and their impact on individuals and our communities.
The forum consisted of a Panel of elected City and State Officials and local community leaders who spoke generously on each Proposition and Measure.
Panel Presenters Propositions/Measures
Reginald Jones Sawyer (Prop 63, 64)
Assemblyman, 59th District
Marqueece Harris-Dawson (HHH)
Councilman, 8th District
Bertrand Christian (59, JJJ, RRR)
Attorney at Law
Nourbese Flint, Policy Director (51, 52, 53, 60)
Manager of Reproductive Justice Programs
Black Women for Wellness (BWW)
Charles Stewart, Senior Deputy for (54, M)
State Senator Holly J. Mitchell
Mike Davis, Commissioner (55, 58, CC)
L.A. Board of Public Works
Roderick D. Wright (56, 61)
Former California State Senator
Nick Morrow, Former Detective (57, 64)
Los Angeles County Sheriff Dept.
Nancy Haydt (62, 66)
Attorney at Law
Cheryl C. Turner (A, SSS)
Attorney at Law
Hans Johnson, President (65, 67)
East Area Progressive Democrats
Mattie L. Gardette, Chairman Moderator
Trinity Board of Trustees
The presentations and questions lasted 3.5 hours before the forum ended. Approximately 150 or more Trinity members and community residents came to listen in and ask questions. The forum presentations and discussions made it possible for a better understanding of all the Propositions and Measures when one prepares to complete their ballot for voting on November 8, 2016.
A video of the presentations is available for viewing at Trinity Baptist Church, 2040 West Jefferson Blvd. Los Angeles, CA. If you are interested in watching the presentations and questions on screen, you can visit the Church on one of the following dates and time. The video will be shown in the J.L. Caston Fellowship Center.
Monday, October 31, 2016 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Tuesday, November 1, 2016 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Wednesday, November 2, 2016 2:00 PM to 4:30 PM
Thursday, November 3, 2016 11:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Friday, November 4, 2016 12: Noon to 4:30 PM
Mildred Newkirk, Chair
Trinity’s Social Action Committee
Mattie L. Gardette, Moderator
James Bradley, Photographer and Videographer
Rev. Alvin Tunstill, Jr., Pastor
Provides an Opportunity for the Women of Trinity To:
- Experience Fellowship, Outreach and Discipleship;
- Receive Personal Interaction for Personal Challenges;
- Gain a Spiritual View of Earthly Situations;
- Give and Receive Prayer for Specific Needs;
- Experience Empowerment and Support from other Christian Women;
- Engage in Sharing Sessions and Ministry with other women;
- Develop a Biblical Perspective of Daily Occurrences;
ALL IN LOVE!
The Women’s Ministry is here to serve you.
There are five components of service.
- Teaching the word of God and Discipling in love. I Timothy 2:15 “Study to show thyself approved unto God a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
- Intercessory prayer, There are times when we need someone to pray on our behalf. Mark 2:3-5 “There was a man that was sick four friends took him to Jesus to be healed.”
- Referral services, Counseling and resources for immediate needs. I Corinthians 12;27-28 “Ye are the Body of Christ”, Mark 6:37 “God has sent helpers to care for the needs of others”
- Clarifying the Christian Walk John 8:12 “Walking in the light”. Galatians 5:25 If we live in the Sprit let us also walk in the Sprit”. Isaiah 2: 5 Come, Ye and let us walk in the light of the Lord.”
- Marriage and Family Commitment, God making two flesh one through Covenant agreement to God and in Him. Matthew 19:5, Ephesians 5:1-22 Ephesians 6: 1-2. In order to keep the covenant you must be born again both young and old. John 3:3
For more information you may contact Sister Alfreda Hunter at email@example.com,
or at the church office. Tel. (323) 735-0044.
The prayer ministry is an intercessory ministry whereby the church is involved spiritually with every aspect of the human experience. We are lead by the Holy Spirit to call on God the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ the Son. Individual prayer groups meet at different dates and times. Please review the church calendar for a date and group you wish to join in prayer.
MISSION STATEMENT: To build the kingdom of Jesus Christ on earth through prayer, study, consecration, personal service, regular giving, and helpful cooperation, through the district, state, regional, or national organization with which this church is affiliated.
General Mission Circles:
Lydia/Lula Stanley Circle
Ruth/E.J. laray Circle
Claude D. Jolly Circle
Bertha Whitterson Circle
For additional information please contact Sister Rose Blewett at
firstname.lastname@example.org, or call her at the church office. (323) 735-0044.
Through the use of members of the church, the guild stages plays with Christian meaning, depicting messages of Jesus love, and what it means to be a Christian. Provides an opportunity for members to engage in church involvement opportunities and public speaking. The star in the Drama Guild is Jesus Christ.
Provide and preserves a written history of Trinity Baptist Church, thus helping to promote its spiritual and cultural growth for the church membership and local community.
Download the History of Trinity Baptist Church in PDF HERE.
For more information you may contact email@example.com